Filter Socks are used on overflows to remove small floating particles from aquarium water. This can dramatically improve water quality and reduce maintenance on filters that would otherwise become clogged.
- Mesh: Thin, doesn't clog as easily as felt
- Felt: Thicker, better at removing particles, but can clog faster
- Plastic Ring: attaches via ring that fits common sump holders
- Draw String: attaches directly to plumbing
- BRS recommends starting with felt socks and switching to mesh if they clog faster than desired.
Mesh Filter Sock are less effective than felt but clog less frequently. Plastic ring fits common sump holders.
200 Micron Filter sock
Filter socks come in mesh or felt and with a plastic ring or draw string for differences and unique advantages.
- Regular use will result in crystal clear water most convenient form of mechanical filtration.
- Remove excess food, detritus, organic waste, dust and other particulates
- A convenient form of mechanical filtration
- Prevents larger objects like sand, crabs and snails from damaging pump motors
- Reduces ammonia and nitrate producing organic waste
- Increases filter life